Wednesday, May 16, 2007

good and bad

the bad news:

Duane's mother spent her mother's day in the hospital, getting her first round of dialysis. She needs a new kidney. Duane is in the process of learning if he is a match.

My father had a heart attack. I'm told that he has 2-100% blockages and 2-50% blockages. That sure sounds like a lot of blockage for someone who eats nothing but garlic and olive oil and supplements with fish oil, everyday. I was almost as shocked as he was. He may need open heart surgery, but is investigating other options through Deborah Hospital.

the good news:

My mother in law is in great spirits and looks better than she has in years.

Strange but true - My father also looks really healthy and has been getting his affairs in order, and acting NICELY to those around him. Very very strange for him.

This week, I also received a call that my pathology reports came back all clear. Nothing cancerous. Everything is good in that regard. I'll be speaking with my doc at the end of the week for more details.

in other news:

Zane is sick and teething, so sleep has been nonexistent for the last week or so, but its ok. I know its all temporary. I'm just a little sleepy.

Thank you again to everyone who commented and thought of me through my surgery. You guys rock, and it helped so much to know I had you all behind me.

No comments: