I snuck out from my hiding spot, under the bed, just long enough to post and let you know how we are.
Zane has been experiencing one long continuous string of milk reactions since N. has been in my care. There has been a day or two, here and there when he's been a bit better, but then, the rash returns and he gets wired and shriek-y all over again. I'm losing my mind just a little bit from all the ups and downs and the frightful rash on his bum... but I keep reminding myself that it could certainly be worse.
Last week his rear was so inflamed that he screamed and clawed at it with every dirty diaper. But, with a steady regimen of alcohol-free wipes, probiotics, and nystatin powder, the rash is getting better, slowly but surely.
If things don't improve, I'm going to have to insist that N be placed elsewhere.
Part of me would be sorry to see him go, as I am finally finding my stride with caring for 2 kids during the week. Not to mention that Zane seems to have a lot of fun, teaching him different things.
Part of me would also be glad to have my freedom back. As it stands, Zane has been missing out on most of his usual activities due to the fact that we don't have a car seat for N, nor does N nap well in the stroller. This means we have a very small window (2 hours) to pack in lunch as well as any sort of "outside" time that Zane typically needs to keep him happy and healthy. His behavior has been showing the signs, as well.
So, for the moment, I sit and wait and cross my fingers.
Monday, September 18, 2006
I come from a land down-under
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment