Saturday, September 23, 2006

Nice day, yesterday.

N. and I had a bonding moment, yesterday. We were on our way home from an especially rigorous play-time at the park, when I saw my cousin and stopped to say hi. I let Zane out of the stroller and held N, so he wouldn't get tired of sitting.

While I was holding him, I tickled his sides a few times and he reciprocated by nuzzling his little head into my neck and laughing, hysterically. We repeated this several hundred times. Finally, he moved in and gave me a sweet little baby-kiss on my nose. This is the first time that he accepted any sort of cuddling behavior from me... Let alone giving any back. It was wonderful.

He doesn't accept much comfort from me, even if he has a fall or other painful experience. I will usually pick him up and try to hug him, or kiss his "booboo" as he pushes me away and tries to get down. Today was a big deal.

Until this point, he really just didn't seem much of a snuggly baby. Zane wasn't until he got older and lots of kids aren't ever cuddly. It just never occurred to me that he may still be getting used to the situation... I can be awfully dense.

In milk news, things have been ok for the last 2 days. Please wish me luck in keeping the milk-exposure boogie man AWAY!

No comments: