Monday, August 13, 2007

oh, baby

oh, my poor baby

Lil bub has a cold. I opted to give him some herbal baby expectorant over the main-stream OTC stuff, because it has lots of other good stuff to help with his cough and the mucus AND because its considerably safer than the other crap.

Well, the herbal med tastes pretty gross. He took it anyway, like a little man. BUT he also promptly threw it all up, along with his Thai chicken curry, directly into his bath water.

Being he has only thrown up a total of 2 other times in his whole life, he's so not used to vomiting. It freaked him out pretty badly.

After another quick bath, he was still crying a bit, but his Dad did a great job explaining it to him. They talked about throw-up for a good 5 or 10 minutes. I was a little amused and a lot proud of both of them.

School has been great for him. His ability to communicate has grown about 10 fold. He is such an amazing boy. I'm in awe of him, just about every minute of every day.

No comments: