Monday, August 20, 2007

okees

Its rainy here, which in itself isn't necessarily a bad thing, I mean, who doesn't love a few good gray days every once in a while? But, with the addition of the leaking, gray weather has become a source of moderate blue-ishness around these parts.

We still have a leak in the kitchen. We're on something like our 5th or 6th contractor, and I'm about ready to lose it. Our roof is still holding water. I'm at the end of my rope... and that rope is sopping wet... wet with buckets of tears... and rain... and terrifying, fuzzy black and pink mold spores. Excuse me while I go turn up the air filter.

*deep breath* - "In with calm"
*slow, deliberate exhale* - "Out with frustration"
*deep breath* - "In with lightness"
*slow, deliberate exhale* - "Out with anger"
*deep breath* - "In with Xanax"
*slow, deliberate exhale* - "ahhhh...what was my problem again..."

Everything else seems to be going fairly well, and that is certainly a relief. Zane's doing well in school. Kitty's healthy, pouncing the other cats and having a good old time again. Duane's doing ok. He's still got some serious stress going on, but he's dealing with it ok, at the moment.

My mother-in-law had a serious, blood-born infection, caused by bacteria that entered at the site of her dialysis port. The port has been replaced, and the infection cleared from her system. She's due home in a day or two.

My father is back to his same, old, ornery self, and healthy as a horse.

Me? Oh, I'm fine. Just trying not to lose my shit over something as stupid as a leak in the kitchen. It just wouldn't make sense. *Shrug*

PS: our camera has been broken for some time, now. What I thought were dead batteries were in fact, a broken battery compartment. I have no pix to share, currently, but will figure it out, I promise.

No comments: