Ok, so, my cholesterol was always very low. It was 130-something the last time I had it checked, a couple of years ago.
I got it checked on Wednesday and got the results today.... it's 265. There's something really wrong here. How does a person's cholesterol change so drastically in 2 years when they don't eat anything you'd consider too bad? I don't eat french fries or potato chips or fried chicken. I don't eat ANY fried stuff, really. (I do eat considerable amts of sugar, these days, but that is changing as we speak.) I eat ALOT of garlic and take an omega 3 suppliment every day. My hubby always cooks with olive oil and canola oil, too. I just don't know what to do.
This really scared the hell out of me. The doctor told me by phone, this afternoon. He hasn't given me any suggestions yet, but I guess that'll come when I go back in 6 weeks.
I guess I'm just really grossed out right now. I'm literally grossed out by my own blood. Gross.
Friday, May 13, 2005
my heart might just explode and not in that cute, LOVE way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh that is too bad, perhaps it is not the foods you are eating. If you are making healthy food choices.
I know foods such as meats, eggs, and whole-fat dairy (milk) products can raise your cholesterol. Certain oils such as Saturated (fats that are solid at room temperature) such as butter, lard, coconut or palm oil, shortening, and some types of margarine.
Age, lack of exercise, gaining weight, pregnancy, certain medical conditions (and some medications) such as diabetes or thyroid problem may increase your cholesterol levels. Alcohol can also increase your triglyceride levels.
I have a friend who received this shock a few years ago. In his case it was the foods he was eating.
Hey, how weird is this - I just read that research shows that eating a cup of broccoli sprouts a day can lower your cholesterol. Try not to be too hard on yourself!
I love sprouts!
Thank you.
Post a Comment