THank you so much to everyone who offered their awesome support, but check this out.... why my doctor didn't know this, is beyond me.... but:
Pregnant and nursing mothers are not supposed to have cholesterol screenings because both situations actually cause higher blood cholesterol levels, but only TEMPORARILY! In fact, the act of extended breastfeeding has a beneficial effect on the cholesterol levels of both the mother (once bf'ing is finished) and the bfing child (once he/she has reached adulthood).
I have even read instances where mothers were told to stop breastfeeding in order to take these cholesterol-lowering medications when, in reality, they didn't need to do anything. In the long run, having women stop breastfeeding to take cholesterol drugs, may even be detrimental, if high-cholesterol is a real problem for them.
Dude.
Sunday, May 15, 2005
um, my cholesterol is fine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
good deal. I did think that was way too high for such a short time.
yeah, me too.
WHEWW!! I'm so glad!
Why is it that doctors don't know diddley-squat about lactating mothers? grrr.
wow. what an asshat....
i'm glad your ok!
I'm too relieved to even be really pissed about it.
Thanks again, everybody!
I am flabbergasted by his idiocy - what rock does he live under, he should know better!!! I'm SO glad you were able to find this information.
I can't even be angry with him. I mean, PA has devestatingly low numbers of breastfeeding mothers, and he is an older man. It's really just typical.
I went to him in the attempt to get armour thyroid prescribed, (I found his name listed as a doctor who prescribes it) but it turns out he won't prescribe it to me anyway.
Post a Comment