Yesterday was the day! The salon called to say they were doing a workshop and needed a hair model and I was happy to oblige. My pathetic, do-it-yourself hair cut has been replaced by a much lighter, long-layered _style_. It's not anything cutting edge, but that's ok. Maybe next time.
The cut could be a bit shorter, but it was free and it was cut by the owner of a really hot salon so I'm not complaining, believe me. In fact I find myself quite happy to be rid of the [lack of] style which previously graced these locks. Now to fix the highlights, and we'll be in business.
So the problem we had yesterday was that my poor little guy was apparently horrified when the sun went down and his boobs were gone. (yes, I mean _my_ breasts) We had two options: Bring him and let dad hang out with him in another room of the salon or Just hang out at home. Duane decided to watch Zee at home during my hair cut. It's safe to say we've learned our lesson and next time, he'll either be coming with me or I won't be getting any more hair cuts for quite a while.
Duane explained that there was little problem for most of the 2 1/2 hours I was gone but once the sun started to go down, my son just lost it. He took the bottle but while he was eating and especially after, he was quite the unhappy child. On my return home, I could hear him screaming 3 flights up, from the street.
Now, this is not to say that I was without separation anxiety of my own, but my main concern was and is Zee's reaction. It's not likely that I will be leaving him again for quite a while. He doesn't want it... I don't want it... so that's that.
Anyone who thinks I'm spoiling him can just bite me.
Wednesday, May 25, 2005
hair today gone tomorrow
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I think my daughter was eight months old before I left her (to go to the movies), so you won't get any judgment from me!
It was a different deal with my son, though... if I didn't go back to work when he was 8 weeks old I would have lost my job, and my mind...
I know alot of people who had to go back to work at 8 weeks and I have nothing bad to say about it at all. I just don't know how they do it. It sounds like it's just really hard on everyone. Not least of all the mom who is probablly spending all her time worrying.
Did you notice any differences in your kids' and how they dealt with the separation? Do you think that one way or the other was better, depending on the child?
If anyone says you're spoiling him they can eat my ass. :D
hahahaha~
missed you, Korin!
Post a Comment