Thursday, June 02, 2005

even better than I ever imagined

We've joined the club... That wonderful, horrible club.

A few days ago, We received our bugaboo frog from Ebay. It's awsome. Zee fell asleep in it 3 times yesterday. (For anyone who doesn't know, he seemed very uncomfortable in the old peg perego stroller and only slept when I lined it with plenty of EXTRA padding) This stroller is just fantastic, he can face me whenever he wants to, it's pretty darned cushy and his ride is very smooth. Not to mention that the stupid perego is breaking already, DAMN IT!

I know it's a bit expense, but you know what? It really does seem worth it. For as much time as we're both going to use it, it really seems like a good investment. I've also gotten over the price alot easier than expected. We got a great deal on it, but even so, it was still a considerable amt.

After much consideration, I figured that I wouldn't have hesitated to spend at least that much on a bicycle, not too long ago. And when I thought of it that way, it got easy. It's like this: even though a cheap, heavy huffy might do the job, you sacrafice alot on durability and ride.

When you buy a nicer bike, like THIS ONE, for example ~DROOL~ you enjoy the ride in another way that you might have missed with, say the huffy. And I wouldn't have hesitated to spend that on myself before I had the baby so why should this be any different?

3 comments:

Korin said...

I've never seen a bugaboo... but they do look pretty kick ass. :D Congrats on your new ride, Z! :D

kris said...

They are nifty! :)

Anonymous said...

oooo, stroller envy. i have a maclaren. here in manhattan, everyone has a bugaboo. i'm waiting to splurge on the double for when we have another (if). the urban mountain buggy.