I know there are women who raise children, keep their marriages together and work hard in important careers all at the same time. I have one friend who is a resident at a local hospital and a mother to a 5 month old son, not to mention that she seems to be a pretty kick-ass wife. And, I know 2 other women who are practicing doctors and new mothers. One mom I know is an editor for a popular local magazine.
What I don't get is how they do it. I'm working from home, at something that's relatively low on the job food-chain. It's exhausting. I just don't know how these other folks do it, with jobs that are much more taxing, at that.
Tuesday, June 28, 2005
it ain't right!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
But don't you think there's something about getting out of the house and being baby free that makes their work that much easier? I mean you're doing it all at the same time! Give yourself many, many pats on the back!!
thanks. :)
The moms I know who work out of the home actually seem to be glad to get away. I am really interested to know which comes first... The desire to get away or the actual leaving.
I so relate! I tend to stammer a lot and look for escape routes when I find myself in the presence of seemingly blithe, accomplished, well-groomed mothers. I try to tell myself that they are dying inside and shriveling with self-loathing and despair, but then they go off and get new polished granite countertops from Venezuela or pink kitten heels from Nordstroms, and they seem really, really, deeply happy. It throws me. Bite them, Zane! Bite them!
lmao!
that's the truth. I keep looking for a crack in the facade, but I've yet to find any.
Post a Comment