Wednesday, June 22, 2005

chiropractors are so gooooood!

First, I want to apologize for freaking anyone out with my last post. It was NOT my intention, at all. And, thank you for all your awesome suggestions. You're wonderful women, and I am fortunate to know you.

Next, I found a really great chiropractor, yesterday. (Korin, I was so wishing I lived on the other side of the country, a few days ago!) I pulled something in my back on Sunday night and saw my GP on Monday morning for help. She told me to take 800MG of ibuprofen and rest. Well, with the little Z-man creeping around, ain't no rest to be had at our house, and I had already been taking the ibuprofen.

My back was so bad that I couldn't stand up straight, nor could I pick up Zee. Duane had to come home from work on Monday morning, because I literally could not pick up the baby, even though I had been trying for an hour. Duane left us on the floor with a stack of diapers and went back to work to finish up so he could come BACK home again to take us to the Dr.s office. What a mess!

So, yesterday morning, starting at 8:00, I was on the phone with every chiropractor's office in our provider network, until I finally got an answer. He saw me at 1 PM and boy, am I thankful. I still can't stand up straight, all the way, but the pain is literally cut in half, and I don't walk like a 90 year old woman anymore. (all hunched over)

He was only able to fix half the problem, as he said the other part was just too deep, but I'm going back today so he can work on the rest. The second twist is in my hips, you really have to look to see it, and the pain only comes when I stand or sit, or when I move. It's greatly improved over what it was before the treatment.

Now, when we met, I was rather taken aback. He's had some sort of accident that has left one eye scarred and the iris white. There was that awkward moment, when I couldn't concentrate on making eye contact with his good eye. But after a minute, the suprise gave way and I found that I really like him. He's wonderful with Zee, who doesn't give 2 damns what the guy looks like, as he was happy as a clam to babble and laugh at him.

I get the feeling that he must lose alot of clients when they meet him, and it's a shame, really, because he's really very good.

2 comments:

Korin said...

I'm so glad you found someone wonderful! (bad eye and all!) I think personality is the most important thing in chosing a doc. :D And I wish you lived here too! :D I'd make you feel better... and love Zeeeeee up!

kris said...

I know you would!