Tuesday, June 07, 2005

6 months and I haven't broken him yet.

So today was Zee's 6 month check up. It's a few days early, but close enough.

He's doing perfectly fine. 95th percentile for height and head circumference and 90th percentile for weight. Little guy didn't even put up too much of a fuss when it was time for needles. He only cried during the last one and stopped immediately after and looked up at me with that sad little teary-eyed slobbery face and gave me a big smile. I'm so proud of him.

It seems that his weight gain is finally slowing down and his height is catching up. He's losing his little Buddha belly but his quadruple chins and pork-chop legs are still intact. ;o) I love his fat little body. Watching him grow out of that round-ness has me so conflicted. I miss his chunky little tummy but at the same time, I'm so proud to know that I gave him all he needed to get to this point.

Breastmilk IS best~

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Yay Kris! That is so cool. I imagine it is somewhat bittersweet to see your little guy changing and growing up. Keep up the awesome job you're doing!

kris said...

Thanks Lisa! hope you're soing well, I've missed you.

Anonymous said...

wow, i think our sons are very close in age! mine was born 11-29-04. he is in the 90th for height, 75th for weight, head is 50th. yes, breastmilk is best! are you still nursing? i'm doing it just mornings and nights now.

kris said...

Hi, yes, we're still nursing alot. He eats some solids, but its mostly just for practice. He's not getting much sustanance from food yet. Zee was born Dec 14, so they're very close in age.

It's a crazy age, too. He's learning something every day, so I find myself amazed by him, constantly.