Friday, February 10, 2006

one step closer to... something

We made yet another offer on another house, today. This time, they accepted our offer. What I was NOT prepared for were the feelings that came up, in response.

For a minute, I flashed back to the day I found out we were pregnant with Zane. We tried for many months to get pregnant. When we finally did, I was suddenly scared to death over having a baby. I was certain that someone, somewhere had just made a horrible mistake in allowing it.

Well, now, I'm suddenly scared to death that we'll actually get the house. It's in great shape, but it needs a lot of cosmetic work. What if we put a bunch of money and work into it, and not get any return on the investment? What if we made the wrong choice? I am so scared, I could just crawl under the covers and never come out again.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm really happy you guys found a house that you both liked, but I'm going to miss having you only a few miles away. Guess I've got a real good reason to get my license now.

Anonymous said...

buying ahouse is scary shit. but when you're done.. it's yours. :D

kris said...

thanks, ladies.

Jenn, you BETTER come visit me, woman!

Korin, we have a guest room!

Lisa said...

When I bought my first house I thought I'd just made the biggest mistake and what if it wouldn't sell and we'd be stuck here forever? After the initial "oh shit, what the hell was I thinking", it worked out surprisingly well. It even sold rather quickly when we were ready to move on. But I think it's the nature of big steps like that to be scary and raise doubts, and yet if your house surprise turns out to be the least little bit like the amazing Z you are GOLDEN! As corny as it sounds, in the end, it really does work out.