The bodega on the corner recently started importing candy.
This is a problem... for me... especially because he has Flake bars.
About 15 years ago, my friend, James brought me a single Flake bar home from his trip back home to Great Britain. It still stands as one of my all time favorite presents. I savored that lovely little treat for a good half an hour. And I still remember the taste and the light, "flakey" texture, all these many years later.
That said, surely you can imagine the ecstasy with which I accepted this very same treat from an unsuspecting Duane, yesterday. He had no idea what a precious gift he had given me, nor the trouble he'd just assured himself, what with all the begging for him to go back and buy up every last remaining Flake bar from that bodega, lest they sell out and I am left to wait another 15 years before I have another. He assured me he'd find me more Flake bars, one way or another, but he would not deplete the man's stock and deprive the rest of the Philadelphia area the chocolatey goodness that is FLAKE!
Seriously, though. You must try one. And no, I won't give you one of mine.
Friday, April 07, 2006
I have a problem
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment