Monday, April 10, 2006

packin' it in

We're moving into the new house this Sunday. Packing is going reasonably well, though Duane and I have been bickering just a bit. I imagine its to be expected. We're both a little stressed out.

My uncle has been pretty terrific with helping us find a contractor. One of the guys with whom he served is a well-respected carpenter in our area and he will be installing the laminate flooring upstairs, as well as building the banisters and half-wall beside the stairwell.

The really cool part is that we got a quote from Emp*re last week for just the flooring, and they wanted $5,300. This guy is doing the flooring AND the banisters/wall for almost $3,000 less. Not to mention that he's NOT a huge jerk like that Emp*re guy.

While I'm not looking forward to moving, at all... I can't wait to BE moved in. I think the house will serve us well. Its a nice little house.

No comments: