Zane has been quite busy, of late. He is using the sign for milk more often, and seems to have a vocal "name" for it, as well. I've been telling him "milk" but to see the similarity between that and his translation requires a bit of imagination... Not sure how I feel about my son calling my breasts "nah nah" but who knows? Maybe in time, I'll find it cute.
And now, Zane definately knows who "daddy" is and calls him "dah". He often yells for him, when he's in the other room. And, when asked "where's daddy?" he'll look right at Duane and smile. He's also been saying "mah" but I'm not quite sure if he associates that word with me, or if he just likes saying it alot. He's also imitating noises he hears, and sometimes a reasonable facsimile of a word will even pop out.
Zane's eating alot more, too. He eats more than I thought he could fit in that tiny, fist-sized stomache of his. Besides, he is so independant that he absolutely MUST feed himself. He's been that way, from the very first spoonful, which wouldn't be so bad if any of the food actually made it into his mouth. In fact, I have all but given up on spoons. They're there, but they're more of a prop, than anything else. Its finger food, maybe with a puree'd veggie as "sauce" or its nothing. Dinner is always an adventure.
Oh and, lest I forget, boy, does this kid have a temper~ as in when he doesn't want something, but I didn't realize it and kept giving it to him anyway... (whatever it is) he'll furrow his little brow, purse his lips, turn red, and yell at me, and push it with a rapid, back and forth, sweeping hand motion, or else he'll take it and throw it right back in my direction. -I have to work at keeping my composure, because it's truely a rediculously funny scene.
Playtime has taken on a new meaning, too. He has begun playing with his little wooden barn, by taking the animals out, putting them in the windows, opening the doors and peeking inside. He almost gets it.
Watching him grow and learn is nothing short of amazing ...to no one but me, I'm sure, but so what? He's my kid, it's my blog. If it's boring to the rest of the world, they don't have to read it, right?
Tuesday, October 11, 2005
busy little bee
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Appreciate your bblog post
Post a Comment