Here's a picture of my first, completed, homemade baby-wearing pouch. I made it out of fabric which was left over from my living room curtains. (What can I say? the curtain-pouch just screams Classy... or is it trashy?) At any rate, it's linen, and I MADE IT, with my own little hands and no pattern. Zane seems to like it well enough.
Here's what it looks like without anyone in it. I think it needs to be a bit narrower at the top. Flipping the shoulder gave me just enough snugness, but I'd rather not have to rely on that if I didn't have to.
And, here is my first attempt at sewing a straight line with my machine. Not too bad for my first try, if I do say so myself. A small wobble here and there, but all in all, it's reasonably straight, especially considering how jerky my hands can be.
Thursday, June 01, 2006
Not bad for my first time
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment