Tuesday, March 08, 2005

winter, spring, then winter again.

i'm sick of this schizophrenic weather. it was positively spring-like yesterday... today, it's snowing and blustery.

the boy still has me exhausted. this is due mostly to the fact that our sleeping arrangements are still a work in progress.

We have been transitioning from mommy's chest to the bed. Two nights ago, we had what i thought was success, but it turns out that we both sleep much less that way. He simply kept eating ALL night because he was right in-line with the boobs... so, we slowed down a bit. he slept in bed for 1/2 the night and i had to sleep with a shirt on (ug) But, we all slept alot better, so I'll take that.

I went to a breastfeeding group, yesterday and it made me a little sad. Mommies work so hard at raising healthy babies and we just meet so much resistance. Resistance from non-mom-friendly employers or from well-meaning but misguided relatives, from friends and from strangers. its just wrong. I have even read a few books on this very subject, but it still hurts when that mom is you, or someone you care for.

Well, on that note, (concluding my "schizophrenic" post) I hope that anyone reading this will do their best to support the mommies in their lives. We deserve it.

2 comments:

Korin said...

Hi!! I didn't know you started a blog here. :D Now you're on my blog roll.
I've missed you!

kris said...

KORIN!!!!

:) yeah, I just haven't had a chance to go re-direct everyone yet.

I've missed you too!