Wednesday, March 30, 2005

wow, what a day.

We got kicked out of Liberty One today for breastfeeding in public. I wasn't even being obvious, and I tried to pick a spot that was out of the way, so I wouldn't attract too much attention.

I told the security guard that I had a legal right to be there and if she wanted me to "do that in the lady's room" so badly, then perhaps she should eat her lunch in there, first and let me know how it goes. I didn't leave, even though she told me I had to. I just kept going.

Despite the fact that she stopped me, not 3 minutes after I started feeding my son, she said they had received "complaints" about me and I responded that this was obviously her problem and not mine. It's a safe place that liberty one... they respond so quickly to breastfeeding complaints, I can only imagine how fast they respond to "real problems".

Then, not 20 minutes after we got home, Zee started crying. it wasn't a normal "crying" jag. in fact, it scared the hell out of me, so we went to the doctor's office, to make sure he was ok. The doctor seems to think that he either has a stomache bug or he's teething. Either way, it sucks to be him today. :(

7 comments:

Korin said...

What is liberty one? Did you report this over at MDC? maybe you can start a nurse in! Fucking bitch! :D Glad you're so level headed and didn't kick her ass, like I would have. I'm glad Zane has such a good mommy!

Anonymous said...

What BD that she would make such a fuss about trying to make you leave. I don;t know what Liberty One is either but you should report it and get them some attention for it. Eff them.

Anonymous said...

LIberty One is an upscale mall in a highrise office building, by the way, for those who don't live here ;)

OOOOHHHHH, boy. I wish I had been there! OOOHHH boy. I"m going to nurse my 2 year old there TODAY. Maybe I'll sit right in front of that asshole security guard.

kris said...

maybe I should call the local news?

hmmmmm maybe I should.

Laurie said...

I'd report them

Anonymous said...

OMG!
You should have refused (your friend thinks your negative? She should meet me and see me on a roll) to leave.
Let them call the police THEN you get on the cell phone to the local LLL and the press.
What Bullshit!
I wish I lived where you did, I'd organize a nurse-in.
Screw them and the horse they rode in on.

kris said...

thanks, everyone for all the support. I am planning to return to that mall, next week for a repeat performance.

;)