Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Brothers gonna work it out... and sister too

Ever consider that a friendship needs love and care just like a marriage? If you don't work on your relationships, they die. If you don't work on yourself, you might as well die, too. And none of us wants to die... so, work!

My friend and I have taken a few steps back from eachother after a painful discussion we had a short while ago. At the time, this seemed like the best choice for both of us, and we both have gotten along much easier when left to our own devices, but the problem remains... She's my closest friend. I missed her terribly.

While I've been enjoying my time doing my thing:

building a routine, meeting other moms, walking a few miles a day with my little boy asleep at my side (or on my side when I'm slinging him on my hip) and finding myself and my place in the city again after being away for so long...

I also remember what it was like not to have her in my life, due to a falling out we had a few years ago and, well, that was pretty shitty.

So, we talked today. After some yelling and a little crying, we've agreed that at this point in our relationship we've gotten into a rut. When we're together, there's a grey cloud that hovers above. (now, considering how we met eachother, with all that gothy macabre spookiness lurking just beneath both our respective surfaces it's not such a stretch) And, well... we're both ready to get rid of the damned cloud.

So, we're working on it. And, we're still friends. And, I like that.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

*sniff sniff*

:)

Korin said...

Much love to you both! Cause I love youboth!

kris said...

aw! thanks Korin. I love you too.

Laurie said...

Due to the recent hospice/funeral stuff that I've written about in my blog, my best friend and I have that same cloud. Great post.

kris said...

I remember~ I hope you two work through it after the smoke clears.