Thursday, April 14, 2005

the stretchmark files

Today's post brought to you by Kris's stream of consciousness.

If I knew more mothers, or even more women my age, I'd start a new award for the largest, most dimpled saddle bags, or the most grey hairs, or the coolest stretch marks, or the darkest eye circles, or maybe even varicose veins that most resemble celebrities.

Tell me it wouldn't do more for the collective female fortitude if we gave each other trophies for being more real and interesting than it does to reward and idolize the freakishly thin and surgically altered.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, can I enter for the longest boobs? I'm sure I'll win.

kris said...

you think so? I don't!

:)

Korin said...

good idea! I need an award!

kris said...

you deserve an award!

Anonymous said...

Dude, I would totally win.

kris said...

wanna bet?

Anonymous said...

i win widest hips!

kris said...

amatures, all of you!

:)