Saturday, September 10, 2005

Whirlwind

The site for my mom's group is finally complete. Duane did a great job. We've got a message board and a calendar and even an image gallery. It's fantastic. Now, we've just got to test it and we'll be in business. It should be much easier to use than the yahoo groups we have been using until this point. I literally log on and find 10 or 20 new msgs every day and it's gotten to be a bit hard to manage.

In addition to looking really cool, the new layout should make my job much easier, and allow me more time for actual work and for taking care of our little family.

So, wish me luck. I hope we don't have too many bugs to work out. I've grown quite fond of the layout and Duane has worked so hard on it. It would truly suck if we couldn't use it after all that.

This weekend, Whole Foods is sponsoring the "brotherly love bin drive" and our group has come together to donate several bins of clothing and toiletries for those evacuees who have made the trek to Philly from NOLA.

I know it's probablly no big deal, but it makes me feel so much better than just throwing money at the problem. (Not to mention that I really don't have any money to give) But it feels good to be able to do something tangible rather than just writing a check that a real person in-need will likely, never see.

If I didn't have my own family to care for and support, I'd go to New Orleans myself and help them in person.

No comments: