The good news is, my uncle is only on active duty until they can discharge him from the medical facility, at which time they will let him go home.
The bad news is, he did, in fact have a heart attack. They didn't even do a cholesterol screen on him before he was deployed, even though they knew he had heart disease. God, I'm disgusted.
I love my uncle. When my mother left my father, we lived with them for a few years. My aunt and uncle also took care of me for most of my childhood, until my mother became angry (as people in her family do, often) and didn't speak to them for several years. I felt loved when I was with them. Until they had their own children, I felt like they were my parents. I wished and hoped they were my parents, often. In fact, when I started dating my husband fairly regularly, one of the many things I liked about him, was that he reminded me of my uncle. Stable, kind, smart, goofy humor... the list is endless.
My aunt and uncle are completely unaware of how much I care for them. We don't really talk about our feelings in my mother's family. Maybe that explains my verbosity on the subject... who can tell?
As for Zee, he's doing well. He's still growing like a weed. He's already wearing some 18 month clothes even though he's only 9 mos. He can still wear some of his old onsies from 3-6 months, but the pants are all too short. He wears a size 4 diaper. Gosh this kid is big. I think he's teething again. He's been nursing alot more, but hasn't been eating too much regular food. I had been giving him 3 meals and 2 snacks every day until yesterday, when he refused to eat much of anything. This is a big Zane-cue that he's probablly teething, as this kid loves food. (wonder where he got that from?!?)
He's also aquired a new habit, which requires me to have a great deal of restraint to keep from laughing. When he has finished eating something, and doesn't want anymore, he sucks in the last spoonful, then blows a raspberry and spits it all over me. So far, I'm just biting my lip and telling him "no". Though I'm sure it will get much less funny as time wears on, and I'll need a better solution. Until then, I'll just try to contain my laughter. It's an art.
Thursday, September 08, 2005
the good, the bad and the sleepy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment