My uncle was sent to Iraq back in June. I was scared for him, but I can't say if he really wanted to go.
He's an older man, with heart disease and sleep apnea. He has a wife and 4 kids. He's been in the National Guard for as long as I've been alive, but when they told him that he had to go, he didn't put up a fuss, he just did his job and went.
He had some sort of heart problems a few days ago, complete with chest pain and numbness and pain in his arm. They finally had to send him back to the US. They aren't sure what the problem was, and they are still doing testing, to rule out heart attack, and such. They haven't released him from duty yet. So, he can't exactly go back home, yet either.
I talked to him for a while, tonight. He said it was horrible there. He's been in the service for over 30 years. He built his own house with his own 2 hands. He's tall and strong and smart. This man is not a wuss. He said it was the worst thing he's ever seen. I hope he comes home for good. I hope he's ok. I hope I hope I hope this war can be over now. Please, let this war be over now.
Wednesday, August 31, 2005
oh boy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment