Its entirely possible that I'm the only person on the planet who feels sorry for the mice my cat's been catching. I can't do mouse traps. As resident spider killer and carcass remover, I can't do it. It breaks my heart. THe poison seems like a better option, but after hearing the horror stories over at the Zero Boss I don't really want to risk it. Besides, what if one of the kitties catches and eats a poisoned mouse? that would be very bad.
While I don't want mice in my house, obviously, and I'm grossed out by the thought that my son is crawling on the same floor that they were were dragging their fuzzy little vermin-asses across, I just can't help but feel sorry for those helpless little mice, when I wake up in the middle of the night to my cat, using their soft little bodies as hacki sacs.
The good news (for all of us) is that she's current on her shots, and she seems to kill them with a merciful quickness. I have yet to see even a drop of blood or mouse poop. (and you know I've been looking) The older cats are always standing around, cheering her on, while she does it. They don't even scatter when I turn the lights on. And the mouser, well... she just gets all twitchy and hyper-aware, like her fur is vibrating with mouse-lust. Kinda creepy.
Thursday, August 11, 2005
the only one
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
The hacky sack bit cracked me up. Yuck! But better than roaches, I say.
Thanks so much for the recipes, BTW! (My whole malnourished little family thanks you.)
Your mice are lucky compared to mine. They only get maimed, not killed. They are tossed around until they are mostly immobile and twitching, and then they are fogotten. My cat is a psychopath.
Jenn, I totally agree with you about the roaches. Once, I was told by an exterminator that in this town, you either have mice or roaches, or both, but if you have mice, they usually eat the roaches.... So, considering the awesome mousing abilities of our kitty, I have to say mice are definately the lesser evil.
About the recipes, you're welcome. I mean it, I'll just keep sending them till you tell me to stop, so let me know when you've had enough.
Kate: nah, she's just easily bored like her mom.
Oh my goodness!! You're too funny!! Glad to see you've come to grips with the mice in your life!!
;-0}
Post a Comment