Maybe it's just my imagination, but it seems like Noggin's programming is slowly becoming that high-impact stuff that I'm trying to keep Zane away from. granted, we don't watch too much of it, but they seem to be adding some newer programs that I'm not completely sure about.
I'm not fond of "Lazy Town" nor am I thrilled with the "Danimals yogurt" plug I saw, between shows a week ago. And, now there is "Go, Diego, Go" which seems not much more than a Dora rip off, but it's still a bit too flashy and quick-moving for me to allow Zane to watch it at this stage. Besides, they seem to have cancelled the Baby Raver Show, that I liked so much, also known as "Tiny Planets"
We spend plenty of time listening to the radio, or even a music cd or book on tape, but it was nice, having the TV to fall back on. I hope this isn't the new face of Noggin, because it will not stay in the rotation.
Monday, August 22, 2005
Children's Programming
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Lazytown totally freaks out Hattie. She growls like a dog at the scary villain and runs from the room. That can't be good.
my kids loved streaming www.bbc.co.uk/bbc7 little toe radio.
Hi Kris,
Been out of the kid's younger TV loop for so long am losing knowledge of what's out there, but did get a chance to see Lazy Town!
I am beginning to believe that producer's employees are running out of ideas for good viewing and have been for quite sometime and not just in the juvenile arena!!You never can go wrong with books, but then we all know I am prejudice to that fact!! ;-0}
Jenn, Tell Hattie that I'll give her a nickel if she bites him. :)
Jess, IKWYM Lazy Town came on and I was just waiting for the seizures to start.
Demetria, I haven't listened to that, but I'll give it a try, tomorrow. Thank you! And, Thanks for stopping by, too.
Peg, Nothing wrong with a prejudice FOR books. Nothing wrong with that at all.
I HATE Lazytown. HATE HATE HATE it. Forturnatly, Naomi's not fond of it either.
I'm pissed that they cancelled Tiny Planets. Maybe we could write letters?
I saw a few mintues of Lazy Town when we weere on vacation. Thankfully Aiyana was not impressed! She does ot watch any television shows. She does watch her videotapes of Veggie Tales.
veggie tales? that sounds cute.
kate, don't think I haven't considered it.
Post a Comment