Oh what a night it was last night.
Zane and I have a stomach virus which has left me run down and running to the bathroom. It has also left Zane gassy and filling lots of diapers, but still playing blissfully, nonetheless. ...Especially WHILE I'm changing a poopy diaper.
What is it about a poopy behind that makes this child want to grab his poop-covered package, dance, wriggle and kick like there's no tomorrow? Its interesting to note that pee does not have the same effect.
Anyway, early this morning, around 2ish or 3ish, he wakes up. As is the protocol, I offer the "other" breast and we lay back down in hopes of catching a few more zzz's. But, no. Instead, Zane insists on nibbling my nipple with his 4 new teeth, grabbing fist-fulls of skin with both hands and kneading them, and pressing his feet into my crotch while wiggling his toes wildly. I keep trying to redirect him, but somehow, foot finds crotch every time.
Now, I know this may sound funny to you, sweet reader. The mental picture must be down-right hysterical... But let me tell you, it was no laughing matter in the middle of the night, while I was achey, sick and crammed up against the wall by one very sweaty little energy ball, with nary a square of bed-covers to be found.
We went on like this for what felt like forever, but in reality was probablly closer to an hour or an hour and a half. Finally my little angel falls asleep, only to be awakened by our (VERY NOCTURNAL) youngest cat, running through the apartment like she's running a relay, and knocking lots of things over in the process.
Did I consider breaking her wee little neck? You betcha. Did I do it? No. You'd be very proud of me, dear readers. I controlled the urge to make myself a lovely pair of "kitten" heals from her fluffy little carcass and simply waited for bub to go back to sleep. THankfully, it didn't take more than 15 minutes, and off to dreamland I went for oh, I dunno, 45 minutes?!? but hey, sleep is sleep and it's always good!
Tuesday, September 13, 2005
your son is driving me CraZy!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment