Sunday, December 25, 2005

Hello from Mac

Merry Christmas to all of my sweet, kind internet friends!

I'm writing to you from my brand-spanking-new iBook G4... Yeah, I know!!!!!!!!! SO FRIGGIN' COOL! I must warn you that this post will mostly be me gushing about all of our cool newly acquired material possessions, so if you should find that offensive, you may want to move along now.

Duane gave me lots of very cool presents this year. I don't mind saying that my favorite of which is this computer. It's GORGEOUS! It's a Mac iBook G4 with 1 GB of ram, airport and full graphics expansion. I've never seen a computer screen look so beautiful. It's fast, it's pretty and it's mine. He really hit it out of the ball park, this year.

I'm still in a state of shock over this computer. Now, I just need to learn how to use it. 3 years of doing computer support and Network Administration, and I never put my hands on a Mac, till now. How ridiculous is that? Well, maybe Korin will help me figure it out. (hint hint hint) :-D

In other news, Zane LOVES his Christmas presents. Last year, he didn't really get a Christmas, on account of his only being 11 days old, and all... But this year, he got lots of neat stuff. He got a mini Schoenhut piano, a stuffed frog chair, 2 sets of wooden blocks, one with architectural shapes and one with letters and numbers, a set of wooden food, 3 wooden puzzles, a wooden school bus with little wooden people, a chicco ride-on train, a toy stroller with an stuffed, anatomically correct boy-doll, an airplane with poseable passengers and baggage, a fisher price "CD player" that plays little nursery rhymes when you press the buttons, and a fisher price bird bath that plays music and helps with learning colors, numbers and shape sorting. He's been playing since 5 this morning, and he's still at it.

We had to bring Zee to the emergency room yesterday, when his ear started oozing a scary, yellow goop with white stuff in it. So gross, but even more frightening. He's ok. He needed some antibiotics and ear drops, but he's doing much better now. (as evidenced by all of today's playing and laughing)

Duane got a few things, too. I can't say for sure, but I think he liked his presents. Zee and I gave him some video games and a jacket, and a pair of clogs as well as a pair of cool new pumas. We also gave him a little bottle of gap "Ohm" with a tube of "Ohm" moisturizer which he used to wear in his rave days.

Well, I hope the angel of marketing and commerce was good to you, this year, and that you were fortunate enough to be able to gift your loved ones with lots of cool stuff too. Here's wishing you a beautiful day and a great year to come!

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Great that Santa was so good to you guys! Soory you had to spend Christmas Eve in the ER though - hopefully Z will be on the mend soon.

willam said...

happy holidays .
thanx for stopping by my page.
you sound like a really good mom from your writings.
tranny got a gun
WILLAM

Anonymous said...

You must have been a very good girl this year! Or next computer will be a laptop, we haven't decided on Mac or PC, keep me updated on how you like it!

Adina said...

I lurve my iBook. :D

I will NEVER go back. Ever.

Peg said...

Sounds like your household had a wonderful fun-filled action-packed time!! Enjoy!!

Unknown said...

Just dropping through to wish you and yours a happy and prosperous new year!