Saturday, November 05, 2005

Don't move what?

Duane was mugged on the way home from CVS last night.

He went to CVS around 8 or 8:30PM to pick up some NyQuil when he finally came down with the same flu/cold thing that Zee and I had since the day before. Duane saw the guy, sitting on a bench when he walked through the park on his way to the store. On the way back, the guy followed him out of the park and jumped him.

Duane said that he couldn't remember if the guy had a weapon. The idiot grabbed him, told him, "don't move" and started going through his pockets. Duane promptly slammed the guy's head into a parking meter... twice... and watched his teeth fly out of his mouth. Then watched him crumple to the ground while some bystanders called the police. He was ready to really hurt this dumbass, but figured that the police would likely see him pumeling the guy and arrest HIM, so he thought better of it, and just walked home.

I don't mind saying that it's nice to know I've married someone who can kick an ass from time to time. I've actually seen him do it, on one occasion, in our younger, party-days. A group of about 5 guys jumped him and he kicked all of their behinds into yesterday. He had a bruise on his collar bone, but other than that, he was fine. The other guys, on the other hand... not so good. And they deserved every bit of it.

Violence is so ugly... unless it's the perpetrator of the violence that's getting violated, that is.

5 comments:

Korin said...

Man! I'm glad he was able to defend himself and all is ok!

cmhl said...

good for him!! and a nice touch to bash the guys head into a parking meter!

Anonymous said...

Holy chocolate donuts!!! That's so freakin' scary!!!!! I'm glad that Duane prevailed. But all the same...KRIKEY!!

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness! And LOVE the new top business too!

kris said...

thank you. :)