I've been a loyal tooth-paste customer to Colgate for at least the last 15 years. When they came out with their "Colgate Total" toothpaste, I hopped on the bandwagon and never looked back. The marketing campaign was ingenious. The product was touted as the "Total" package in personal dental-care and I bought it, hook, line and sinker.
After all, the claims were impressive. According to Colgate, with JUST this one toothpaste, a person could prevent gingivitis and cavities, freshen breath and whiten their teeth. Oh, and lets not forget that these remarkable, toothy superpowers followed you throughout the day, up to 12 hours, even after eating a meal. I'd be a fool not to take them up on this deal, no?
Well... Tell me, then... If "Colgate Total" is the whole package, then why do they now market a "Colgate Total - Plus Whitening", a "Colgate Total - Fresh Stripe", a "Colgate Total - Advanced Fresh", and of course, a "Colgate Total - Original"?
Wednesday, November 02, 2005
explain this to me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ha! No kidding! Careful with that whitening stuff, it bleaches clothing (of course, I found out the hard way)
Kris, that is rediculous. It certainly doesn't whiten my teeth, one bit.
Post a Comment