Its been a full week, here in the cabbage home. For once, none of us is sick with a cold. (oh, please let it stay that way, at least for a little while)
Zee has been busy busy busy. He's taking a few steps solo, every day. I predicted months ago that he'd be walking by Thanksgiving but took it back when he didn't seem to be making any progress for quite a while. But, now it looks like He really could be walking by Thanksgiving.
That's certainly something to be thankful for... well, for Zee to be thankful for, not neccessarily for his parents, who will be chasing him EVERYWHERE.
And, just as he does with everything else, Zane is aquiring many new skills at once. Not only is he starting to walk, but he has used 3 signs, consistantly and without prompting in the last 2 days and he's been saying "mamma" and "daddy" to boot. He now knows and uses the signs for "more" "all done" and "milk" so we'll be moving right along to the next three.
We've been working on "eat" and will continue with that but I think we'll start with "Mother" and "Father" next. (even though he is beginning to say the words, I'm not entirely convinced he knows what they mean) We've been signing for him since he was about 5 months but honestly, I didn't much think he was paying attention. Not to mention that I haven't been incrediblly consistant.
I know that reading about every little milestone can get a little tiresome for others, especially those without children. It may be hard to understand why this whole process is so facinating or why I insist on writing about it so often... Well, I'll tell you. It's not some pride-thing as I used to think, before I knew I even wanted children. Well, not exactly.
I am in awe of him. This tiny person who lived inside of me for what felt like an eternity... I can remember feeling like I'd never meet him. Like I'd be pregnant forever. Now, I am watching him become his own person. I am amazed at the reality of him. And, every minute of every day, I am afraid for him. Afraid of the million and 10 things that could hurt him or make him sick. Afraid that I will inadvertantly do something to wound his delicate psyche or forget to baby proof something or.. or, something worse that I haven't even imagined yet.
Yet, despite all of these things that could go wrong, he still wakes me up every morning, smiling down at me with a string of drool poised and wiggling, just above my right eye. He is the light of my life. He has reminded me that life can be a whole lot of fun. Every night is like a gift. Every morning is like Christmas. I am the luckiest person in the world.
Zee's existance is my proof that miracles exist.
Saturday, November 19, 2005
walking and milk and more and all done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Next thing ya know, he'll be riding a bike and turning into a cycling nut like myself! Cool, and when the time comes for that first bike, get him a helmet too!::GRIN:: Actually, it sounds like a proud time for you and I'm glad to see it. I haven't commented here often, but I do lurk and chime in for special occasions, like this one. Happy Thanksgiving!
Thanks, TS. It's always nice to hear from you. Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!
:)
I love to see the different stages in their life! Just love him and let him know it and Kris, what will be will be!!
And yes, he is truly a gift!!
Hats off to the little guy!!
So sweet! I can't get enough of listening to my son say Mama - I don't even care if he doesn't know what it means!! I just pretend...;)
He is a sweet little miracle, isn't he? :)
Post a Comment