My husband and I used to be "ravers" for lack of a better term. We both used to dj, and he still does. The party daze/days is/are long over, now, but every once in a while one of us will see something that reminds us of the fun we had in our days of debauchery.
That brings me to today's subject. When Zane is buggy, like on rainy days when we can't go anywhere, I'll sometimes try the "noggin" channel on tv. I like it, because there are no commercials, alot of music, sesame street, and plenty of other low-impact cartoons. It's really meant for children a bit older than zee, and I'm sure I won't win any mommy points for letting him watch it, but too bad.
There's this show on Noggin called "Tiny Planets". Duane and I call it the "Rave Show", because the music they play is Trance, and it's good for remembering the other kind of fun we had, before we were parents. All the characters look like fluffy, bright little party kids. They ride around on this puffy, furry couch, from place to place. It's just the cutest little thing. When it comes on, Zane stops whatever he's doing and watches for a minute, while the opening music plays, then he goes back to whatever he was doing. Of course, this makes Duane VERY happy... His son likes trance, in all it's corny finery. Definately Duane's son.
Friday, July 08, 2005
The baby raver show
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
*swoon* drum & bass is my favorite! but, you're right, I don't miss the clubs, either.
love, love that stuff, great to run to, paul oakenfold of course. have you seen oobi on noggin? it's weird, just hand puppets (literally, hands) and they talk very simple baby talk like "oobi want grandpa to play. play grandpa, play." but i've heard rave (pardon the pun) reviews about it from other parents. my boy is a little young,7 months. but if you follow harvey karp, who wrote "happiest baby on the block" and "happiest toddler..." one of his main points is that the babes are little cavemen, so we need to speak caveman to them (at least sometimes.) anyway, first timer here and love yer blog. much much better than most. sorry about the above. i'm actually in a very, very, eerily similar situation, which is why i stayed and caught up with your other posts. keep at it!
Dump that fool! Run! Run away!
Just kidding, hey nice blog anyway. I guess the hubby dont read it.
Too funny! We had our "days" too. I love the name "Zane," by the way.
thanks!
Post a Comment