Wednesday, July 27, 2005

ok, lets try that again.

The rash on my hands and feet has gotten out of control, since I had Zee. So, after much hemming and hawing (I don't know why) off to the dermatologist I went, yesterday. He told me that what I have is actually eczema, then gave me a prescription for a topical steroid. I've checked it's safety in nursing mothers, both with the pediatrician and on the web, so we're good to go.

It's been diagnosed by 5 different doctors as 5 different things, and none of it helped so we'll see if this works any better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a mysterious rash that was finally diagnosed as psoriasis. It gets worse when my hormones are whacky--like after giving birth and after weaning. While nursing, I used Burt's Bees hand ointment instead of my regular medication. It worked fairly well. Good luck finding a solution that works for you!

kris said...

thank you, I hope you feel better, soon!

I find that keeping it moisturized is half the battle, for me. "bag balm" works well, for the most part.