Thursday, July 14, 2005

I live to annoy you.

My son has taken to SHRIEKING at the top of his lungs, in a fit of happiness.

We had a moms meeting this morning, but then Zee and I went to lunch with 2 other mothers and their children. Zane was just having the time of his life. And, he showed it by screeching in glee and laughing gigantic, bubbling, baby laughs every so often. He cracked me up! Being his mother, I could listen to him laugh 'till the end of time. The rest of the coffee shop however, did not seem to share my enthusiasm for his performance.

Oh well. Maybe that's why they're all so damned miserable. Maybe there's some horrible disease that prevents them from finding joy in the laughter of children. I just let him keep on laughing. In fact, I laughed right along with him. The other kids joined in too. You could say we staged a "laugh-in". It was fun.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My son likes to do that too. Fortunately for us we live in an area of Manhattan where there are tons of babies and everyone take them to restaurants, particularly at lunchtime. Although, sometimes, you can get the mother of a much younger sleeping baby who still gives you that look. Just wait, evileyemommy, just wait.

kris said...

She'll learn. we all do.

I didn't realize you live in NYC, I am green with envy!!! How do you like it?

Korin said...

A happy screeching baby is way better than a sad screeching baby. :D

kris said...

agreed, Korin!

thanks, Robin.

Anonymous said...

We love it! I find it very easy to live here with a baby. We don't have to load and unload a car seat and stroller. There's so much to do, many Mommy and Baby classes and of course, Central Park! And, like I said, most of the restaurants are so used to strollers and babies we don't get hassled a lot. It's also easy to meet new mommy friends and to get together because we all live near each other. Are you right in the city of Philly?

kris said...

Yes, right in Center City. We moved, just so we could be in town. I need to be able to walk every day, and it just wasn't working in the burbs.

kris said...

He has just turned 7 months, this week. How old is your guy? He's too cute!