Saturday, July 16, 2005

the new chiropractor is the old chiropractor

So, after many visits to the kinda scarey-looking chiropractor who fixed up my very ouchy back, I realize he's not going to address my other issues, which I discussed with him at the first few visits. This is fine, I figure that I can just bring it up at our next visit, problem solved, right? Well...

Then, the last visit, I had to get up from the table to attend to Zee, while he was out of the room, doing "something" and the heat-pads which were piled onto my back fell to the ground.... they were GROSS! They were stained and generally discolored all around, and he had no towel between them and my bare back. I left them off. There were other little things that I found minorly annoying but up to that point I left them alone.

There was the fact that I always had to wait for him, even though I was always the only patient in the place. There was the fact that his table was old. (out of the 70's or early 80's maybe) The padding was made of pilled polyester and I skeeved putting my face on that damned pad with only a thin peice of paper to protect it from the retained scent of sweat and mingled, cheap perfumes left behind by the thousands of adjustments it had seen before me. Then there's the fact that he always ended up leaving me in the storage room gone treatment room, alone with my increasingly antsy child while he did god-knows-what for 15 minutes and expected me to be relaxed when he got back. The heating pads were the last damned straw.

I really wanted to support him, to prove [to myself] that I wasn't so shallow as to be scared off by his big white eye.... Well, I wasn't scared off by the eye. It was the heating pads.

There is a happy ending, though. I had an excuse to call my old chiro. The one who cared for me in my J. days. I had to stop seeing him when I left J, because J knew he treated me, and I needed to cut all ties. I had my first appt in 9 years, on Wednesday. Now, that's good chiropractic care~ I left, walking straight as an arrow. He adjusted my entire back and I just about floated out the door when I left. He's an angel. He got along with Zee, right away *always a good sign* and I will be going back on Monday.

YAY!

5 comments:

Peg said...

Hi there Kris! Been down that road myself, but luckily (same as you) I did find a great "back cracker" and I feel as fit as a fiddle to date!
And by the way, Zee is a doll baby!
Me, I live in Hermitage, PA very near 6-8 hours from ya. Have 3 children ages 13, 11, 8 all girls and am trying to become a successful children's book author! Oh and where is the glory I say, where? ;-)
Take care, great post and come visit me sometime, in the blog world I am not as far away! ;-)
Peg

kris said...

Sure, MH... just so long as you don't like walking so much....

Korin said...

Yeah. old unclean office supplies are lame. I would have left too. Nice stuff for a chiro office is NOT that expensive. Too bad you're not here. cause I'd rock your world! :D

kris said...

you rock my world anyway, K!!!

Peg said...

Hi Kris! Thanks for coming in for a visit! And WOW!! I didn't know you could illustrate!? That is fantastic! Will put the word out and see if you get a bite!
Would love to see your work!
Let me know.
Peg