Tuesday, July 19, 2005

promise me

Recently, I read this poem over at helllonwheeels and it reminded me of how difficult things must be for Zee right now. Its a simple, perfect little poem.

He looked at me like a mental patient while I did it but, today, I promised Zane that I will strive to remember how things look from his point of view, and keep that in mind before I open my big fat mouth... especially when he's a teenager. --Wish me luck.

4 comments:

Peg said...

Oh boy! Do I ever!! But you know, I do find myself alot of times thinking like a kid (oh dear, could have let myself wide open there for all sorts of comments!) a kid that I was and how I always wanted to be treated by my parents and have found myself discipling and conversing on a much different level and way! It is interesting!
But then there are those days when I am just a plain ole hag!! ;-)

kris said...

Well that makes me happy. PEG DID IT! So, it must be possible. :)

Laurie said...

Back then I thought my son was doomed - I was projecting my childhood on to him. Luckily, I did everything the opposite of my parents, and he turned out pretty normal and happy.

kris said...

thats about wher I am right now. I'm afraid he'll turn out like me. Not that I'm so horrible, or anything, but I worry alot. And gosh, do I procrastinate like nobody's business. That, I don't wish it on anyone.