Tuesday, July 12, 2005

everyone loves new toys

** this post will likely be very boring to anyone who doesn't shop for baby toys. - you've been warned **

Duane and I got Zee's new round of toys, this week. It was so much fun, watching him play with them. It was like a mini preview of christmas. Its a lot of toys, but keep in mind that many of them are very small, and most of his old toys were for newborns, so they really weren't doing it for him anymore.

He has a shape sorter bucket with blocks, a jungle friends tree house, a press & go train, a baby wallet complete with credit cards and keys, a skwish, and a winkel.

The week before last we caught a great sale at gymboree and bought him a bunch of clothes for next year, and 2 stuffed animals. He's now got a nice little zoo of stuffed critters. Most of them were gifts from before he was even born, but the ones that weren't were sale-specials from gymboree. I just can't resist their sales. To date, there's a rhinocerous, 2 giraffes, one large, one small, the gap-bear (it's cuter than you think), a lion, an elephant, a taggy porcupine, a bulldog, a monkey, an organic frog, 2 small turtles, 2 ducks, 4 little fish and an organic string bean.

Funny thing is, I always figured I'd be one of those minimum-toys type of parents. You know, the type who tries to minimize the number of toys, in the attempt to instill creative spirit in your child. I saw myself buying nothing but wooden toys and playing piano concertos for him all day. Turns out I was wrong. Really wrong. In fact, at least 2 of those toys are made by the evil, fisher price. Oh my!

Zee seems to like the baby wallet the best. He just chews and chews on the keys, and the wallet has been gummed and covered in spit, 10 times over, already. The larger 2 toys are the train and the tree house. I happen to like those the best. They remind me of the type of toys that I liked when I was little. I think he's just a tad too young to get them, yet. That's ok. I'll just (play with them) I mean, keep them warm until he's ready.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that jungle tree house! We recently bought a lot of new toys too! Must be the age! "I" needed them more than the baby!

http://www.buybuybaby.com/shopping/prod_detail/main.asp?uid=2E16F576-818C-493D-9772-7C1C937F7E08-24563894&MainCatID=3&catID=164&sl=0&productID=154087


Check out this toy if you like techno music! It was a gift, we didn't buy it, but he likes it!

Anonymous said...

Those look like great toys! I thought about buying the skwish, but I wasn't sure -- I think I might have to get it now!

kris said...

max, that toy looks like fun. Does your little guy like it?

mh, thank YOU for visiting my site!

monica, Zee really likes the skwish. It got alot of good reviews, too... His favorite is the baby wallet, though.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Monica, I want to get that skwish also! He doesn't love the techno toy, but he's entranced by it sometimes. He likes the Baby Einstein learning drum more. El Cheapo Husband doesn't like me to buy him too much. How are the frog and string bean toys "organic"?

kris said...

The frog and string bean are covered and stuffed with organic cotton. They're little cheapies I picked up at whole-foods.