Friday, July 15, 2005

"I been waitin' to do that for 15 years"

We watched Cagney and Bogart in "Angels with Dirty Faces" tonight. I've never seen it in its entirety, before. It was a good movie. I can just see the boy bonding with his dad over that movie, in 10 - 15 years. It's definately a boy's movie, though I admit that I thoroughly enjoyed it, too.

We also watched "War of the Worlds" last weekend. That movie scared the hell out of me. Now, as I walk down the streets of Philadelphia, you can catch me flinching at every mechanized noise within earshot. It feels like PTSD, all over again.

Tom Cruise, dumbass that he is, is on my shit-list, due to his recent bout of diarreah of the mouth. But the plain truth is, it's a good movie. It's what "Independence Day" and "Signs" could have been, if they ate their spinach when they were kids. (Now, Dakota Fanning, she ate her spinach, and everyone elses. That little girl is fantastic)

If you're not opposed to action movies, loud noise, or feeling unnerved and jerky, I highly recommend it. We didn't pay for it anyway, so what the hell do I care?

2 comments:

Korin said...

I love Dakota Fanning. Love her. :D

kris said...

me too!