Friday, July 08, 2005

that's just flippin great

I'm having very quiet marital problems.

Quiet because I don't talk about it much these days. I guess that I just decided to accept it when we got married, so I should just shut up and move on.

The fact is my husband is uninterested in sex... with me. (and before you say it, I know I have a child... it was like pulling teeth) I was about 20 lbs overweight, before the baby, and I'm still carrying around plenty of extra baby-weight, so it's really no surprise that things haven't changed much in that department... Now, on to the interesting part.

My husband and I share several computers, around the house. THere's one for every function. if you know us, it's appropriate. When he leaves his instant messenger logged in, and gets messages all day, I usually don't pay much attention. Even though there was an issue, while I was pregnant, where I caught him, through IM, talking inappropriately w/ an intern at work, at which time we discussed it, and I trusted it wouldn't happen anymore.

Perhaps I'm just the most naive individual to live on the planet. Or, perhaps I'm simply too tired to go psycho as I would have in relationships past. Whatever it is, it spells P R O B L E M.

In case you haven't guessed, My husband is still talking inappropriately to this woman, as evidenced by the instant message I saw this morning, when I got on the computer in the back to check something for my job. They're happily discussing bodily functions, complete with pet names, for the past several hours, even though he's been ignoring the IM's I've been sending him all day.

Don't say anything. There's nothing to say. I'm just tired. I don't really know what I'm going to do about it yet.